Tower View 2020: God’s Plans…Our Response
Evangelist D.L. Moody said:
If God is your partner, make your plans big!
Since 1962, God has richly blessed TVBC, its members, its Gospel outreach, and so much more to this tune. After 55 years, as we close at 2017, God, once again, it seems, is moving among us to His glory as we prepare and put together His plans for the future, which require our response.
We have much to celebrate at TVBC—in the past, in the present, and the future! God is so good. You all have been so faithful. When we sincerely turn to God, we will find that his church always moves forward, not backward.
And that’s why we are excited about the future! See below for some updates.
- God has blessed our church with numerous seasoned and new God-fearing, quality believers that are uniquely gifted to serve the local church and reach the area for the Gospel that need a current contextual direction to glorify God.
- Our current ministry / leadership structure – Know/Grow/Share/Serve – isn’t fitting—it appears—our current needs & we are out of step with our bylaws in other areas.
- Biblical truths preached and taught in recent years have caused us to seek to clarify and reorient our focus and practical ministry to align with Scripture and our ministry context.
What We Aim to Do During This Time:
- Never ask you to do anything not supported by Scripture or not in view of mission to our neighborhood.
- Seek the Lord in all that we do!
- Open discussion / transparency / listening
- Communication, communication, communication!
What We Ask You (Church) To Do:
- Prayerful Participation.
- Honest and loving discussions/feedback.
- An open mind.
- Be a good listener.
- Read important communication such as bulletin info and emails to make sure you have all necessary info.
- Daily Prayer.
- What is a healthy church & how does this affect TVBC? Preaching through on the 2nd Sunday of each month (led by various men of our church) & the 4th Sunday of each month at 5 PM we will have a small breakout / prayer / study / BYOD (bring your own dish) over the same information.
- What do you desire to see at TVBC? Sunday, 28th after church we will have carry-in dinner and hear from you about what you desire to see at TVBC in balance with Scripture.
- SWOT Analysis of Each Ministry – What are the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for each ministry? We want to seek the Lord’s direction in prayer and biblical discussion for each ministry from the pastor’s office to our nursery—and all in between.
- Prayer – Prayer before the Lord is our lifeline. We will have special times of prayer during the services and other dates as a church to seek the Lord’s face.
2019: “Put Together”
Based on 2018, we want to put practical feet to what the Lord has for us in leadership structure, member engagement, and reaching our neighborhoods with the Gospel.
May our prayer be: Lord, show us where we should change, and we’ll do it. Show us where we should obey-even where it’s hard and we’ll do it.
TVBC, we are blessed to have such great opportunities ahead to share the Gospel, grow together, and glorify God as we reach our community, our families, our neighbors, and more! Thank you for being so faithful to see what God has for us here. We love you all so much and consider it a true blessing to be part of the family here.
Respectfully Submitted in Christ,
Pastor Darin & Staff & Leaders