The Bible teaches that membership in a local church is the normal expectation for a healthy Christian. Christians are called to:
- Assemble together regularly to build one another up in Christ (Hebrews 10:23-25);
- Encourage one another regularly (Hebrews 3:12-14);
- Work together to get the Gospel to lost people around the world (Matthew 28:18-20);
- Protect each other from sin (James 5:19-20);
- Guard the church from hypocrisy (Matthew 18:15-18); and,
- Be built up by the regular teaching of God’s Word through gifted teachers (Hebrews 13:17).
To faithfully follow these commands, Christians lock arms with other believers in a local church to foster deep, authentic, God-glorifying, sin-fighting relationships.
TO JOIN TOWER VIEW BAPTIST CHURCH, WE HAVE A 4-STEP PROCESS:
Membership Class – We currently offer a quarterly membership class for visitors interested in learning more about what it means to be a member at Tower View Baptist Church. Please contact us for more info.
Membership Interview – The prospective member meets with a pastor to provide basic biographical information and recount God’s converting work through the Gospel in his or her life. The prospective member would then sign the statement of faith and church covenant, and the application goes to church leadership.
Recommendation – At a regularly scheduled pastors’ or leadership meeting, the leadership will review the applicant’s testimony. Upon receiving their collective approval, the candidate’s application proceeds to the next step: congregational affirmation.
Congregational Affirmation – During our quarterly business meetings (or a meeting called for this purpose), a pastor briefly describes how the applicants, who are desiring to be admitted to membership, have come to know the Lord. Questions are fielded, a vote is taken, and with a majority agreement, candidates are admitted into membership.
INTERESTED IN JOINING TVBC?
For more information about being a member at Tower View Baptist, or to sign up for the next membership class, please email email@example.com.